Whats good family ? i go by the name Trae G and i’ am a Artist from GA ( the missing piece ) growing up i never plan or had any intend on making music i mean i’ve always had a ear for it but i was more so interested in sports.
Growing up being raised by a single mother was hard just seeing my mother go through so much i just use to always think about how happy she would be when i made it pro.
Got caught up in the streets went down the road came back and started writing poems a little while after i decided to make a song out of one of them.
I found a way to record went to school with it and the reaction from it was priceless that’s all I had needed to get started.
1) What inspired you to be a part of the music industry?
Honestly i never thought to be in the music industry or create music for that matter but once i started creating and studying the older legends in the game i knew this was something i wanted.
2) Talk to me about the making of your latest project. What was the inspiration behind it?
In making this last project, i wanted to get a little more personal and let my fan get to know TRAE G a little more connected with everybody im suppose to as well as make a statement of no comparison hints the title ” No Clone.”
3) What was the process behind making the project?
The process behind making this project wasn’t really tough at all like i said because it was little more personal but it was just going thru recent experiences and feelings.
4) What are your thoughts on the hip-hop industry at the moment?
My thoughts on the hip hop industry right now its simple i just think we could and should shine more light on more spitters but same time you know times has change and still is everyday and you just gotta think about who the decision really up to.
5) Do you enjoy grinding it out independently or would you prefer to be signed to a major label?
I enjoy grinding it out independently putting myself on seeing every time i can do better than i thought i could.
6) What do you think goes into building a loyal fanbase?
In building a loyal fan base i feel like first of you have to have product thats worth something. than you have to put in that ground work. thats all lol i can’t give them the whole recipe but you can definitely get it if you listen to ” No clone ” UHeard !
7) What sort of online promo and marketing are you doing to reach your fanbase?
Glad you asked, so ” No clone ” is not only the title of the tape but the title of my company and brand that i am pushing! basically i just feel like nothing is original anymore because of the access to the internet everybody want to copy etc or whatever but NO CLONE stands on originality and still hold principals and morals.
8) As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?
My music stands out because its heartfelt, real its relatable and brings a different sound.
9) How do you currently make a living as an independent hip-hop artist? What sort of income streams do you have?
I make a living from my fans support thats why i love them so much if it wasn’t for them it wouldn’t be no Trae G i truly appreciate everybody supporting me