1) What inspired you to be a part of the music industry?
Jus caught myself remixing all the hot songs in my head and jus decided to write on my own beats and I think I can relate to a lot of different people.
2) Talk to me about the making of your latest project. What was the inspiration behind it?
My first official project is “Tommy Aint Got No Job” (Season 1) the mixtape. i got the inspiration from watching a lot of “Martin”.
Like nobody really knew Tommys lifestyle or what he did all day which is similar to me, I do and have done a lot of different things that people don’t no about. Also, the mixtape is about different struggles we all go through and shows how much of a simple person I am. I only need a few things to be happy. I like to keep it “Copasetic”.
3) What was the process behind making the project?
It was really no process, whenever I had a lil free time I would write and record wherever I was. Shit, I been to regular studios, underground studios, and spent like 2 days putting together a studio wit my man DP, I didn’t even know how to hook a mic up or what pro tools was. But I put together my own lil setup at the house. So now I record at my spot.
For the process though I mean random verses and songs just pop into my head and I think of a beat and jus hurry up and write it down so I can record it when I get my next chance.
4) What are your thoughts on the hip-hop industry at the moment?
Its cool Im just tryna be apart of it.
5) Do you enjoy grinding it out independently or would you prefer to be signed to a major label?
I Iike independent because it makes you way more creative in what you do. Like, you don’t have a label doing everything for you. You got to come up with cover art, beats, marketing all that. But going major may not be bad i mean idk whichever one lets me be more creative thats the one i will do.
6) What do you think goes into building a loyal fan base?
Hit songs are cool and everything but to have loyal fans you have to be able to relate to the audience your goin for. A hit song doesn’t give you loyal fans it just gives you temporary fans just because yo shit hot for a minute.
7) What sort of online promo and marketing are you doing to reach your fan base?
I do basic twitter, insta, and blogs but I’m trying something new so I don’t want to get into major online promo until all my plans are finished.
8) As an indie artist, how do you brand yourself and your music to stand out from the rest of the artists out there?
I just make music and hope people relate to it. I don’t try to sell a fake image or make my shit sound like everybody else to get looks. If I’m meant to be great it will come. My brand is keeping it “Copasetic” Im just a regular ‘ol ni**a.
9) Where do you distribute and promote your music and why do you think this channel works best for you?
Again I’m working a new way to promote my stuff so Im not heavy in promo until “Tommy Aint Got N Job” (Season 1) drops. Its been delayed forever because certain shit happened or I come up with something new that I want on the tape.