College and university students commonly write case studies. It’s an interesting and sometimes challenging piece of writing. A case study analyzes the way a certain person, group of people, or organization tackles a certain goal. It’s supposed to highlight the main challenges of an experiment, how they were handled, and explain the outcomes. For example, professors frequently assign to highlight various interesting topics on medicine, science, and psychology. Thus, you may be assigned a music therapy case study.
It may be captivating but complex to write such a case study. Thus, AdvancedWriters, a professional writing service provides students with case study writing help on any topic including music. Its skilled and experienced experts know how to write perfect case studies. They also share their rich experience and offer important tips to successfully pass this challenge.
Determine the Type of Your Project
Not all students understand that case studies exist in a variety of forms. Due to different demands, purposes, and circumstances, the type may be changed. Most experts agree that there are four major types, which may have some subtypes.
These are as follows:
- Illustrative. It describes events that led to a certain result.
- Exploratory. This type investigates the case in detail.
- Cumulative. Using this type, a researcher gathers data of comparisons.
- Critical. This type demands to examine a particular subject and is based on cause and effect results.
As you can see, the difference really matters. As you write about the treatment with music therapy or prove that it’s effective, you can choose any of these types. They all are suitable and allow for writing a great piece. Therefore, consult your instructor and assess your own scientific and writing methods. Thus, you’ll choose the most suitable type for your learning style.
Pick the Right Topic
After you determine the type of your case study, choose a good topic. Music therapy is rather a broad term, which will be too long to explain. Therefore, you should narrow its meaning to a specific issue. For example, you may choose the next issue to study “The Effectiveness of Music Therapy in Different Ages”.
It’s a relevant and useful topic. Accordingly, it’s a good one. Every treatment provides various results if the age is changed. Some should be cured early and the other must be grownups. Music therapy is a universal method, which suits different ages and can be carried out individually or in groups. Thus, you’ll have a lot of materials to dwell upon.
Understand How to Complete the Main Writing Parts
You should beware of the main parts of a case study. Although their numbers and names may change, they are unchangeable for most colleges and universities. We’ll name them and explain what must be done.
- Identify the key problems and issues in the case study.
- Craft a thesis statement, summarize the outcomes of your analysis.
- Write about a couple of sentences.
- Create a “hook”.
- Provide general data on the issue you study;
- Highlight the most relevant facts.
- Prove that you’ve properly studied the topic and all its issues.
Evaluation of the Case Section:
- Underline various pieces discussed in your case study and evaluate them.
- Explain what works and what doesn’t work.
- Clarify why something works and something doesn’t.
Possible Solutions/Changes Section:
- Suggest specific and realistic solutions and/or changes.
- Explain your choice.
- Support your choice with convincing evidence.
- Determine and discuss specific strategies for accomplishing the proposed solution.
- If applicable, recommend further actions to resolve some of the issues.
- What should be done and who should do it?
When you write your music therapy case study, make sure you’re straight to the point, use smooth transitions, avoid clichés, and unknown words. Obligatorily revise your project several times to be sure it’s free of mistakes or weak parts. Thus, you won’t lose important grades because you were inattentive.
Support Your Project with Reliable Facts
It’s vital to find trustworthy informative sources that prove your suggestions and theories. A case study is a scientific paper and so, the use of reliable facts is the compulsory demand. If you seek the signs of the effectiveness of music therapy, you should read appropriate literature, studies, journals, and books. For example, we recommend one great book called “Case Studies in Music Therapy” by Kenneth E. Bruscia. We have picked this book because it represents case histories, which are useful for students who write a case study on music therapy.
You’ll find detailed descriptions of 42 cases from the beginning to the end. Authors from 9 countries contributed to the successful completion of the experiments. It’s remarkable that this unique therapy was carried out in various forms. It involved children, teens, and adults. They were treated individually and in groups. The authors created the necessary conditions to receive exact results. Their work can be fully trusted and if you really want to write a trustworthy case study on music therapy, this book will provide you with tons of reliable data.
You can use the following evidence to support your theories:
- Text readings and lectures;
- Outside research;
- Different experiments;
- Surveys among experts;
- Scientific journals;
- Personal experience (if you have any).
Make use of the tips and facts we’ve revealed in this article. They are very useful and will surely help to write a music therapy case study faster and easier. Thus, you’ll receive the A+ grade almost effortlessly.