1) Talk to me about the making of your latest project. What was the inspiration behind it?
Well I’m currently working on my first mixtape project now called Ambitous Soul, but what inspired it is the reality of Goldsboro, North Carolina.
See I come from nothing at all, and every day I walk outside and see drug addicts, gangs, and even sometimes being harassed by police. It motivates me strive harder, my city is my inspiration!
2) With the music industry tanking and record sales falling, how do you envision yourself earning a living as an independent hip-hop artist?
Well I know record sells is at it’s all time low right now, That’s why I have my brand First-N-Flight. I plan on being successful off of merchandise, Touring, and who knows I might just create my own air lines in the future, It doesn’t sound like a bad idea lol.
3) From a business point of view, which artists in the game do you think are really pushing the boundaries and changing it up?
An artist thats changing the game right now? I would have to say everybody! I cant really just choose one artist because every artist has an impact in todays music industry. I salute them all!
4) What business lessons have you learnt from the music industry so far?
One business lesson I have learned is that you cant trust to many people in this buisness. Theres always somebody trying to take advantage of you, I hate that. But shout out Stop the breaks, I’m rocking with you guys lol!
5) What do you love about hip-hop music?
What I love about Hip-Hop music is no matter what, there’s always a song or artist you can some what relate to. Because I know that being from where I’m from I don’t think pop music would be the best to listen to due to my circumstances.
6) What still surprises you about hip-hop?
What still surprises me about Hip-Hop? I would have to say the many new, and different styles that’s came out over the years. Artist are becoming more creative as time goes.
7) If you had the power to change one thing about the hip-hop industry to help independent artists – what would it be?
I think I would change the fact that in this buisness when your an indie artist, 9 times out of 10 if you dont have the money or a serious plug the chances of you making it are slim to none.
I would partner up with different sponsers to go out and seek indie talent to help the ones that don’t have $1,500 to air their singles on the radio, nation wide.
8) Who do you think are top 3 rappers doing it at the moment?
Top 3 Rappers doing it right now? Hmmm lets see, Drake, Drake, and uhhhh Drake. No offense to anyone else but ain’t nobody messing with that boy right now I’m proud at how far he has came!
9) So what are your plans for the future?
Future plans? Yeah staying consistent, keep faith in God and be all I can be the rest will fall in place with the grace from the man above!
Leave a Comment