1) Talk to me about the making of your latest project – Moving Forward. What was the inspiration behind it?
My latest project Moving Forward has been in the making for about two years. It’s about my story of changing my life after being arrested and going to jail, and getting back into writing music.
2) With the music industry tanking and record sales falling, how do you envision yourself earning a living as an independent hip-hop artist?
The only way I see artist being able to make money these days, is to get a big enough following to book shows, sell merchandise and sell features.
3) From a business point of view, which artists in the game do you think are really pushing the boundaries and changing it up?
Funk Volume for how they give back to other upcoming artists, and give them a shot to be heard by more people. They put everyone’s music out for people to see and make there own judgement on.
4) What business lessons have you learnt from the music industry so far?
First that everything isn’t as it seems. That it cost money to make money, no ones going to help you push yourself. You have to invest, invest your time, invest your money and invest your thoughts
5) What do you love about hip-hop music?
Every thing the play on words the metaphors, the never ending strive to be the best the smartest. The way you get trapped in the rhymes and beats.
6) What still surprises you about hip-hop?
The things people can come up with. I will always be amazed by talented artist thoughts on new rhyme schemes and his to put words together to confuse the average mind.
7) If you had the power to change one thing about the hip-hop industry to help independent artists – what would it be?
To change what is considered good hip hop. Bring lyricism back bring talent back, stop letting artist that got nothing run the game. Yeah they got a banging beat but trash lyrics.
8) Who do you think are top 3 rappers doing it at the moment?
My top three would have to be The Game, Schoolboy Q and always Eminem.
9) So what are your plans for the future?
My plans for the future are to just keep pushing. Drop more tapes and videos, do some shows and try to build my fan base bigger. Keep expanding and working with other artists.