1) Tell us a little about yourself and your background.
We are N.A.T & Precipitated Words from Minnesota. Aspiring artists just on the journey of music together.
2) Who were some of your musical influences coming up?
Precipitated Words: Two of my inspirations coming up was a gospel group by the name of Mary Mary and Usher.
N.A.T: I wouldn’t call them influences, but definitely inspired by Nas, Tupac, Bob Marley and Michael Jackson
3) How would you describe yourself as an artist? Has your style changed much over the years?
Precipitated Words: I would have to say that we are very honest artists. In my lyrics there is nothing but truth. My style as an artist has changed just a tad bit over the years, because now my lyrics actually makes sense.
N.A.T: I agree, were realists when it comes to our music but also our lyrics have a sort of creative imagination as well. Before I used to rap about a certain lifestyle I was chasing, now its more so just life and what I think of it and our aspirations.
4) What’s your process like for making music? Do you have a set routine or does it vary track by track?
The process of our music is really quick and straight to the point. We write lyrics, pick a beat, and practice, practice, practice. Our routine is very simple…we lay down our verses first, and then skim thru beats. Whatever the beat calls for, we’ll execute.
5) Can you run me through the making of your latest project? What were the studio vibes like?
For our most recent project, we were in the studio recording our two songs! Getting them mixed and mastered so the world could hear our Golden Mind hits! The studio vibes were awesome, the engineer was laid back and super blunt. We got a lot of work done, no time wasted! And its just the beginning.
6) What sort of independent hip-hop promotion and marketing are you doing to differentiate yourself from other artists?
Well first off were starting off by getting radio interviews, posting links, videos, and blogs to our social media sites! We just believe in investing in ourselves to be the right thing.
7) What are you thoughts on the current state of hip-hop music today?
Our thoughts on hiphop are mixed. We see where it’s heading, and how mainstream hip hop has turned pop and most of the artists doing the same trap rap. Then again we see artists who are serious about their craft and being original. That’s what we strive for in our Art.
8) What music are you listening to these days? Anyone in hip-hop really blowing your mind?
The type of music we listen to is pretty much any type of music, we don’t discriminate or put hate on any genre. We’ll listen to people like Young Thug or Kevin Gates, then you might catch us listening to J. Cole or somebody like that. It varies as life should be.
9) If you could work with any artist you wanted, what would be your dream collaboration?
The artist we would LOVE to collaborate with would have to be Future! Both have loved his style of music for a very long time. Still listen to Streets is Calling like it came out today.
10) What has been the best moment in your music career so far?
Their really hasn’t been one specific best moment to be honest. We are just blessed to be doing what we love to do and the rest is icing on the cake!
11) So what’s next for you?
The next thing we want is to make more songs, perform and keep showcasing our music. Keep on the look out for more music to come, Set Distinct is our motto and we will do our best to put out the greatest masterpieces for fans to enjoy. We love all of y’all stay tuned