1) How long have you been doing what you’re doing and how did you get started in the first place?
I’ve been rapping at 19 but, officially taking it serious since the age of 20. I got influenced by my brother and potnas smoking weed and free styling in the car and they were sounding better than what I was hearing on the radio.
2) What sort of hurdles and obstacles did you face to get to where you are now?
Well I’ve been trying to put out Mrs.Irma Davis for the past three years now. The dude who I was recording by kept having personal issues and I had my up and downs financially. I always wanted to have enough money to invest in myself to get on without a label and keep it that way.
3) What’s the hardest thing about being an independent artist?
I don’t think being an independent artist is hard at all. But as far as being an unestablished independent artist that can be difficult. But the hardest part is really getting people ears.
4) Are there any independent hip-hop artists out there who inspire and motivate you?
Every artist inspire me, it’s just independent artist inspire me more. I don’t have picks though, because I feel like if anybody that’s successful in this industry I have to salute them, because they made it so obviously I can learn from them.
5) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years I see myself being that dude in this industry. I mean I know I’m something serious, it’s just my job to prove it.
6) Who were the first influences on your music and style?
I mean my influences on my music are artist from New Orleans. I grew up being region racist so Squad Up, Soulja Slim, and Mac. As far as my own style J.Cole changed what I rapped about because before him I was rapping about a bunch of nothing. I got my own style though and my own lane.
7) If you could choose to collaborate with 3 other artists on the same track – who would they be?
Well I wanna work with anybody that would wanna work with me. But my three would have to be Kevin Gates and Tink I don’t have a third.
8) What makes your music different to other artists?
My music is different because I’m not scared to rap about my personal life and I rap about what others may second guess to rap about. I’m a spitta that can actually make nice songs and don’t depend on a feature or a nice beat to save me.
9) What are you hoping to achieve with your music?
I plan on making a lot of money from it at the same time starting a bunch of businesses. Rap is a young person game that doesn’t last forever.
I just wanna be able to give other people a chance to make their dream come true just like mine will. Hopefully somebody hear my music and be like damn dude just like me and look where he at, just give people some type of motivation.
10) What do you think is the biggest barrier an artist like yourself has to overcome, to gain commercial success?
Really just your music out there, but as far as being commercial I really don’t care about that. Long as I got a following that’s rocking with me and I’m doing my shows I’m cool. I’m not even a commercial type dude, you can hear that from my music.