EpicLifestyle is a Hip-Hop/Rap music group from Plainfield, NJ made up of two talented musicians from two completely different backgrounds coming together to make real hip hop you can bop to.
The blend is perfect among these two individuals and it shows in their art. Combining experimental swing vibes with deep bass and drums following deeper lyrics they plan to dominate and take over the industry.
1) Talk to me about the making of your latest project. What was the inspiration behind it?
Well before this album we’ve only been dropping singles so we wanted to have a solid body of work to give to our listeners and fans so they have something to reference to.
2) With the music industry tanking and record sales falling, how do you currently make money as an independent hip-hop artist?
Well we grinding on this 9-5 corporate life shit right now till shit pop off.
3) From a business point of view, which artists in the game do you think are really pushing the boundaries and changing it up?
A lot of newer artist thats really pushing the edges and changing it up like Lil Uzi definitely Lancey Fouxx ,guys like Cousin Stizz just different a lot of other artist man the game is real experimental right now.
4) What business lessons have you learnt from the music industry so far?
You definitely have to market your shit and invest in yourself every step of the way. Financially, As an artist, Spiritually, and Emotionally.
5) What do you love about hip-hop music?
I just like rhyming words. I love how you can go from telling a story to the day in the life of a real individual and the stuff they go through to just bar after bar rhyming.
6) What still surprises you about hip-hop?
There’s a lot of diversity now. The inspiration it pushes.
7) If you had the power to change one thing about the hip-hop industry to help independent artists – what would it be?
I don’t think the industry is needed any more. The independent artist has everything at their disposal. its 2018.
8) Who do you think are top 3 rappers doing it at the moment?
Dylan! Dylan! and Dylan!
9) So what are your plans for the future?
To grow as individuals and together as a group and to keep releasing more music real real music.