1) Talk to me about the making of your latest project. What was the inspiration behind it?
I literally have no idea. It’s dope making projects with some kind of concept, or flow without me going,”Why the fuck is this in here?” If it helps, this project is kind based off times I would do Karaoke back with the homies in Korea.Shouts out to y’all.
2) With the music industry tanking and record sales falling, how do you envision yourself earning a living as an independent hip-hop artist?
I would be lying if I said it’s not that big of a deal; at the same time though, the point is to have fun doing what you love regardless of the circumstances.
Shit sucks now, but it could always be worse, ya know? Plus I’m tryna get a whip I made from Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix; gotta start somewhere. Shouts out to Stevie.
3) From a business point of view, which artists in the game do you think are really pushing the boundaries and changing it up?
Soulja Boy changed the rap game forever, jussayin. Shouts out to Dezzy Yates.
4) What business lessons have you learnt from the music industry so far?
Don’t drink and drive.
5) What do you love about hip-hop music?
You can twist your mama favorite slow jam into Trap Classic for future generations. Shouts out to Tetsuo HVZE.
6) What still surprises you about hip-hop?
Sneaker Culture is important, if that makes sense. Tell me why I missed out on the Snow Beach G 9000’s? If you can find me a pair for the low, I’ll love you forever. Shouts out to RNBTLG.
7) If you had the power to change one thing about the hip-hop industry to help independent artists – what would it be?
Bring back Rap City and Yo! MTV Raps or some shit. Shouts out to Pheezy.
8) Who do you think are top 3 rappers doing it at the moment?
Difficult to say; I listen to Donuts and the Special Herbs Collection a bunch, so I’m more concerned with getting better rather than focusing on who’s that nigga at the moment ; I’m waiting on Adele to drop more heat though.
9) So what are your plans for the future?
Sampling Mozart. Shouts out to Crayon Kanin Chan.