1) Tell us a little about yourself and your background.
Tiny im from Kansas City. Releasing my second full project April 1st – entitled Wave Maker.
2) Who were some of your musical influences coming up?
Creedance Clearwater Revival, Marilyn Manson, Sisqo, but I will never stop coming up.
3) How would you describe yourself as an artist? Has your style changed much over the years?
I like to think I don’t settle for easy lyrics. anyone can say anything so its odd to me that more people don’t choose words wisely. my style has definitely changed, iv matured since i was 19 & heard my voice on a record for the 1st time.
4) What’s your process like for making music? Do you have a set routine or does it vary track by track?
So like some artist will have a concept in mind for a record & then go write that record. i very rarely am able to that. i feel like most beats already have their own vibe & character about them, so i almost always just write what the beat wants me to say.. then i find out what its about when im done writing.
5) Can you run me through the making of your latest project? Where were the studio vibes like?
I dropped my last project, Green Waves, in October of 2014. So iv spent over a year writing, recording & everything else for Wave Maker since then.
To me, recording music is all about capturing energy & the vibe you want to convey. I took the time to truly do that on Wave Maker.
6) What sort of independent hip-hop promotion and marketing are you doing to differentiate yourself from other artists?
i had been apprehensive for too long & it was a dead end road. I’m just trying to be fearless with my approach to spreading my sound… be about it, dont talk about it type shit.
7) What are your thoughts on the current state of hip-hop music today?
I dont know that it has gotten better or worse through the years. i do know its harder to earn a living off music today than it has ever been before.
8) What music are you listening to these days? Anyone in hip-hop really blowing your mind?
I listen to a heavy dose of Kansas City hip-hop. Guys like Gee Watts, The Kid Nicky Halt, Domineko & the WAA gang just to name a few. The town has a healthy number of individuals worthy of being heard by the masses. I think that time is coming sooner rather than later.
9) If you could work with any artist you wanted, what would be your dream collaboration?
Timberland, he’s a legend & i know i would bring my A game.
10) What has been the best moment in your music career so far?
I haven’t had any real “breakthrough” yet. Dead ass the best moment in my music career so far is every time i step on stage. Grateful for every opportunity to share my work.
11) So what’s next for you?
Right now im trying to get as much exposure for Wave Maker as possible. Im just focused on climbing the ladder & living my life
Leave a Comment