1) How long have you been doing what you’re doing and how did you get started in the first place?
I’ve been writing since I was 5. “Nuthin’ but a ‘G’ Thang” by Snoop and Dre is what got me motivated to do music.
2) What sort of hurdles and obstacles did you face to get to where you are now?
People who lacked the work ethic and ambition I have are the main obstacles I faced getting to this point.
3) What’s the hardest thing about being an independent artist?
Lack of appreciation for your talent by the people closest to you is the hardest thing. They’ll shit on you and have their hands out when you get on.
Also outsiders lack of appreciation for professionalism. They see your CD or business card done correctly and say things like “Wow, this look like a real rappers CD.” WTF makes somebody a real rapper? Was I supposed to hand them a blank CD with sharpie on it?
4) Are there any independent hip-hop artists out there who inspire and motivate you?
5) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Rich as hell.
6) Who were the first influences on your music and style?
Crucial Conflict, Do Or Die, Bone Thugs.
7) If you could choose to collaborate with 3 other artists on the same track – who would they be?
Bizzy Bone, Lupe Fiasco, Andre 3000.
8) What makes your music different to other artists?
They lying. I can tell you rap about drugs, money, and foreign cars and it’ll be a nigga standing next to me that can vouch what I tell you.
These niggas get on records and be anybody they want except for a good artist, cartel kingpin, super thug, mob boss. Fuck outta here. These dudes lame.
9) What are you hoping to achieve with your music?
Plenty money and fans that understand my perspective. I don’t want 1,000,000 bullshit fans. I want 100,000 real fans.
10) What do you think is the biggest barrier an artist like yourself has to overcome, to gain commercial success?
My music is too good to not take off. It’s just about the right fan base hearing it and spreading it to other people. It’s undeniable.