1) Talk to me about the making of your latest project – Demo Tape 7. What was the inspiration behind it?
The inspiration behind my latest project was massive, this is because my latest project was a compilation of tracks i have done within the last two years. There was not one sole inspiration but many. I decided to throw the demo tape 7 together to give the audience a taste of whats about to hit the airwaves.
2) With the music industry tanking and record sales falling, how do you envision yourself earning a living as an independent hip-hop artist?
I envision myself making a living of record sales by not only selling the record but selling the vibe. I believe record sales are tanking because individuals are more focused on the recognition rather than the effort of placing the feeling into there music. If the vibe is right they will come.
3) From a business point of view, which artists in the game do you think are really pushing the boundaries and changing it up?
In my opinion i believe an artist by the name of LoopWholeBeats is really changing things up. After seeing him sell out of all the vinyl he pressed and gain a bigger fan base it became clear that Real hiphop is still alive. He may not be a household name yet but with his latest release entitled New Yorkism he is soon to change the way we look at independent artists.
4) What business lessons have you learnt from the music industry so far?
I am very new to the business aspect of the music industry so honestly i cannot comment on this.
5) What do you love about hip-hop music?
The thing i love about HipHop music is that it truly brings people together. I also love the fact that hiphop as a culture is able to be such a driving force to an individual which as you know, is a double edged sword.
6) What still surprises you about hip-hop?
The thing that still surprises me about hiphop is how far it has come and how far it will continue to go.
7) If you had the power to change one thing about the hip-hop industry to help independent artists – what would it be?
If i were able to change one thing about hiphop to benefit indie artist it would have to be the entrance. I feel that maybe there should be a class or school that teaches indie artists the ins and outs of the music industry.
8) Who do you think are top 3 rappers doing it at the moment?
My top three rappers currently are EastKoast, Blabbermouf and Meyhem Lauren. This is because you can tell these individuals really love the craft.
9) So what are your plans for the future?
My plans for the future are uncertain and are only known by the most high. I will continue to live day by day and write music. I plan on coming out with two tapes in the next couple months with production from the likes of @soe95 and @mpadrums.
Leave a Comment